Once I got a few hand towels for myself, but there was no place in my washroom to place them. So, I got a set of floating shelves. Once they got delivered, I soon realized I needed to drill into my washroom tiles. Well, that never happened.
Here is the list of No Drill Floating Wall Shelf:
- OAPRIRE Acrylic Floating Wall Shelves (Pair of 2)
- QsQueen Floating Wooden Shelves (Set of 3)
- OMYSA Hanging Shelves for Wall (Set of 2) (Will need a screw or suction cup hooks)
- Laigoo Adhesive Floating Shelf Wall Shelf
- ODesign Adhesive Bathroom Shelf Organizer (Pack of 2)
Looking for a no-drill solution can come in handy for multiple reasons.
- You don’t have a drill.
- Or you don’t want to ruin your wall’s paint, wallpaper, tiles, wooden panels, etc.
- You are living on rent and want to avoid repair costs when you are leaving
Before you proceed to the list of best no-drill wall shelves, let me explain a few things:
How do no-drill shelves work?
There are only TWO ways a no drill shelve will be attached to a wall.
- Via high-quality double-sided glue tape
- Via suction cups
There is no other solution to this problem.
However, a third way is kind of a no-drill but will still affect your wall. And that is using self-screwing nails for which you only need a screwdriver.
What surfaces support no drill shelves?
In theory, you can apply these no drill shelves anywhere you want, but there are a few limitations.
You should avoid wallpaper, painted, rustic, and lime wall surfaces because they will either not hold properly or will ruin your wall once you remove it.
See what can go wrong in the image below if you apply them on the wrong surfaces.
5 Best No Drill Wall Shelves
Now let’s dig into each of the recommended shelves and my recommendation on which one to buy.
1. OAPRIRE Acrylic Floating Wall Shelves (Pair of 2)
So the first no drill wall shelf on my list is this acrylic all-black and all-white floating wall shelf. It’s lightweight, strong, and beautiful.
It will complement bright and dark color surfaces and walls.
It’s an adhesive shelf and comes with a few patches of 3M double-sided patches.
What makes this one stand out on our list is its price, popularity, color, and a hole-in center for wires (In case you plan to place a speaker or something).
So, OAPRIRE floating wall shelve is for you if it matches your style.
- Easy to install by using five 3M adhesive strips
- Easy to remove with a hair dryer
- High quality and low weight
- Can support up to 8 pounds of weight
2. QsQueen Floating Wooden Shelves (Set of 3)
This minimalist yet stylish wooden shelf is the second no-drill self-adhesive floating shelf on my list.
The best part about these is the wooden touch and hanging feel. It can make your bathroom, living room, or bedroom look drastically beautiful.
Besides being minimal, it’s highly practical. The thing which makes it better than the previous acrylic one is its size and the weight it can support.
These shelves can support up to 10 pounds.
However, I am not a fan of the adhesive patches, which are very prominent and do not look clean.
- Set of three
- Wooden shelves and metal hangings give it a minimal feel
- Easy to install and assemble
- Almost a foot-long size
- Comes with hooks and adhesive strips
- Easy to remove
3. OMYSA Hanging Shelves for Wall (Set of 2)
Ok, so the third one on our list is these beautiful hanging shelves which are a little expensive but very premium looking.
DISCLAIMER: These are not DRILL FREE. However, you can use a screwdriver to drive the provided screws in a wooden panel. If you still don’t want to ruin your wall, buy these hooks.
These hanging shelves are large (17.5 inches long and 5.5 inches wide). They can support a weight of up to 10 pounds.
These shelves come with three different color rings to choose from according to your style and fit. The strings are strong, black, and look fabulous on the walls.
These shelves look amazing with plants and minimalist accessories. However, I won’t recommend books as the hanging strings make it hard to fit in square objects.
- Beautiful design, chic and high quality.
- Large size (17.5 inches Lenght and 5.5 inches Width)
- Willl need self-adhesive hooks if you want to avoid drilling
- Supports up to 10 lbs of weight
- Strong strings
- Comes in 4 different wood colors and 3 pairs of rings (gold, silver, and black)
- A nice gift item
4. Laigoo Adhesive Floating Shelf Wall Shelf
These no-drill wall shelves are mainly designed for washrooms. These shelves have a small width, considerable length, and sturdy look & feel.
The small width makes it ideal for small bathrooms.
You can buy them in three different sizes, allowing you to choose according to your needs.
One thing I don’t like about these is the patch being visible on bright walls and surfaces. The adhesive patch does not look beautiful and makes it obvious.
Other than that, these are awesome. Supports up to 11 lb (5Kg) of weight.
Another downside of these shelves is that they are a little expensive if you order the complete set.
- Designed for bathrooms with larger lengths and smaller widths.
- No-drill design. Comes with adhesive hooks.
- Easy to install and remove
- Sturdy and minimal feel
- Made of high-quality plastic
- Rustless design
5. ODesign Adhesive Steel Bathroom Shelf Organizer (Pack of 2)
This gorgeous all-steel mesh rack is our list’s last no-drill self-adhesive wall shelf. The steel rack is ideal for a place near sinks and showers.
If your bathroom or kitchen is small and you are looking for a rack that does not create water puddles inside them, then this is the perfect choice for you.
Like all of our other recommendations, this one also does not need a drill and comes with self-adhesive patches for an easy and quick installation.
These shelves come in two colors. Silver and Black. I like the black versions as they have hanging hooks for towels and stuff.
These shelves can support a weight of up to 8 pounds.
- Detachable design
- Easy to install and remove
- Premium-grade SUS 304 stainless steel, waterproof, and rust protection.
- No-drill Adhesive patch design
- Pack of two and comes in two colors (Silver and Black)
How to Install a Floating Shelf on Your Wall
When you receive the package, most of these shelves will arrive with a few glue patches along the shelves.
You will also receive an instruction guide with the shelves.
The shape and sizes of these patches can vary. Some will have hooks for you to just hang the shelf on. Others will need you to glue directly paste yourself on the double-sided adhesive tape it arrived with.
Follow these steps to install your floating no drill wall shelf:
1. Identify Location
The first step is to identify an ideal location for the no-drill shelf to go.
It should be on a non-porous surface like;
- Smooth Solid Metal
- Solid Wooden Wall
- Glass Surface
- Smooth Cement Wall
Avoid locations like:
- Wallpaper Wall
- Painted Wall
- Rustic Tiles
- Lime Wall
2. Clean & Dry the surface
The next step is properly cleaning the surface with a damp cloth or alcohol. Use a dry cloth for porous surfaces.
Wait for it to dry appropriately else, the adhesive patches won’t stick to it properly.
3. Level with ground
The next step is to use a physical leveler or your smartphone. You can check this guide on how to use your iPhone to level these shelves.
Once you level the shelf, draw markings using a pencil.
4. Paste the adhesive patches
After marking a straight line parallel to the ground surface, paste your adhesive patches aligned to the lines you just marked.
5. Secure the shelf in place
The last step is peeling off the adhesive patches’ other side and carefully pressing the floating shelves in place. Make sure to use your smartphone again, so it is leveled with the ground.
And holla, you did it.
In the end, all of these no drill shelves I have recommended are very different, so there is no winner or loser.
These are great options, and I recommend selecting one according to your taste and usage.
Additional Additional Read 😀